November 8, 2014

The Strongest Storm in 2013: YOLANDA

from here: I LOVE TACLOBAN
I don't have my own photos on hand.

This photo has been trending on Twitter and Facebook. I have been reminded every single second that today is a day last year that the tragedy happened. It was a very strong storm that killed thousands of people in Tacloban, Bantayan Island and some other areas near these cities. Cebu has been affected with it also I should say because in my place the trees where turned down, mud all over and the wind was just way too much for a big big big umbrella. Everything were surreal. And to me, it was UNREAL but it was,REAL :(. I couldn't believe I was experiencing it and I am looking at my window just a few minutes I came from work around 9 am when the storm started.

Thinking about the damage and trauma, just one month before #TyphoonYolanda happened, a 7.2 Earhquake just shook the Southern part of the Philippines which actually brought unbearable damage to Bohol. All the the old churches and establishments were broken brick by brick- So, before we could even recover another tragedy happened. Along with it were aftershocks that was a total of 2,000 plus according to the newsfeed I get from social networking apps such as Facebook and Twitter. I bet I had vertigo, felt like everything weren't in place and there was imbalance. When I stood straight I felt like I was falling and that feeling when another aftershock is about to happened. When you lay in bed and you feel the shakes again.- too much! Too much!!!!!

I am just glad that it's over. I prayed for the recovery of everyone who had a hard time dealing with that stress as that was really stressful. And today, Tacloban, as my cousin have told me will have a party " like it did not happen" as a celebration of life that they're alive despite the natural disaster that happened. If only I can join them, I would!!!!!

Life is good. 
Celebrate life!
I am so thankful I am alive!
Thank you Father for the gift of life!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!

Lighting a candle outside my house, praying for the souls of typhoon victims whose bodies weren't known, may they rest in peace.