February 3, 2009

Senior Citizen's Fare

Okay, before I start again with my research, let me just make post about this.

I can't stop thinking about what happened in the tricycle I was on going home. The silence broke of when an old man gave his fare to the driver. During the time he was about to get some pennies on his pocket he kept on saying " Senior Citizen" maybe the least was 4 times. It was dark and the man on the wheels was infront of me since I took the back ride. When he received the pennie, 6 pesos to be exact, he asked the man " Oh, Human?" In tagalog, " Oh, Tapos?". In english, " Oh, and then?". The old man said " I'm a Senior Citizen". Then walked out. I noticed the man on the wheel kept on looking back at the old man and shook his head side by side.
So a question popped on my mind.
Why was he asking WHY?
It was unpolite and disrepectful. I wasn't on the drivers side, because, to think senior citizens must be considered. And it was marked in law that senior citizen will have lesser fare to pay especially on public vehicle.
Students are also excused. We should have lesser fare to pay than the minimum meant for the people to pay, but to avoid WAR... we students just pay the regular fare even though it's not what we are supposed to do.
But, you know. Pinoy drivers are way sooooo demanding. And the reason behind these things? OIL PRICE HIKE. Nakisama na man ang mga drivers. Naku!