October 15, 2014

I Support #NursesForChangeMovement

I have to say this had really caught my attention.

I am a graduate of Nursing. But I have to admit I am not yet a registered nurse just yet. I will have to retake and I will not stop until I become a Registered Nurse.

Since I am not yet a registered nurse I worked on call centers as Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support Representative. While exposed to the kind of work area I have met people of different profession from teachers to chemists, from biologists to nursing graduates. I have even met a Business Administration Professor. He was a  professor but the department closed that's why he applied to a call center. Aside from the reason that the department closed, they were paid less than what are due to them, he could not longer support his kids which is really sad. Nurses are no different from that situation. Nursing graduates do not complete their course without submitting a complete set of cases from the Clinical subject which they have paid buckets of money for. After graduating nurses are asked to volunteer. Volunteering means not being paid, at times they even pay the hospitals so they can get in. SAD SAD SAD. When they start working in a hospital they are not even paid well. They are assigned to so many patients, workloads and all. There are less nurses but so many patients. Nurses are not hired because there are no vacancies not even a job posting for it. If there is, they needed experience, there weren't any room for skilled new nurses, top notchers and achievers. So they switch to another profession, or simply apply to a call center. Most of them just stay at home waiting for calls if they got the job.

I found out that Mr. Carl Balita's movement. This  proposed movement really struck me this days. And once this one win and proper treatment are given to the Professional Registered Nurses, Nurses will come back into action and will never have to choose a job other than their profession and no one will have to work in a call center who graduated BSN and is a RN. I believe, too, just like any other profession, Nurses should be given importance. I have read that Mr. Carl Balita had doubts in the beginning that is because he is being judged that he may be  up for something. But he isn't. I must say that he may an entrepreneur but it's not always business. Sometimes, with our little knowledge especially for cases like this, protests and fighting for someone else's rights is not a joke.

DON'T MIND THEM SIR! You're doing a good job!!!!!!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

I am writing a blog about this to raise an awareness that Mr. Carl Balita is in action right now for his fellow nurses.

Here are pictures I got from their official Facebook pages.




from: here NursesForChangeMovement and here carlbalitafull

And this Friday is an Official Day of Protest for this movement.
It's a BLACK FRIDAY on #October171014 #Nursesforchangemovement #Carlbalita #nurses #philippines

Nurses are known for wearing white and for always wearing white but on October 717, 2014 it will be a sea of black tees for this movement.

I support this movement for Nurses!
I just pray the government will also hear it.