September 1, 2009

Psychiatric Nursing. .

We just had our orientation on Psychiatric Nursing today. We are gonna be dealing with Psych patients probably next week of our new rotation.

Our C.I Mr. Caracut gave us the basic words to note.

Such as Delusions, Hallucinations and Illusion.
After sooo many years of studying. I only got to really understand these 3 words TODAY.

Woah!

After everything he said, the experiences he had, the interventions he expressed this afternoon, I am soooo much excited to interact with Psych patients. I know it's not easy to interact and get involved with those kind of patients, but it's really challenging. Nobody knows what will happen there unless we get to step inside the room. In my years of existence, I always have this kind of CURIOUSITY about PSYCH patients.

I remembered way back FIRST YEAR COLLEGE. During the enrollment, I couldn't decide which on to take because I had so many preferences such as

Sociology ( the study of society, culture, and people )

Nursing ( well, you know what it is )

Business Administration ( Reason? I wanted to follow my Mom )

and lastly, Psychology ( Because I find it very challenging. Also, I used to think that being a Psych student was the coolest...well, that was way back 3 years ago..hahhaha! But I still like the course. SERIOUSLY)
Publish Post


hmm...for now. I am just excited. Very excited. hahahaha!